Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When will the cell phone madness end?

When I left for college, dad sent me with a cell phone. The first month I went waaaay over my minutes. Dad was so mad and he wanted to call and lecture me so badly, but mom said to him, "George, this is the price you're going to have to pay to keep her in school."
For a whole year, he never said a word. But then when I transferred to BYU-I and I was over my depression and happy again, I got a bill from Pep, with a note that said, "Your dad says you have to pay this because you went over your minutes. Sorry. Love, Pep"
So I paid it.
When I married Jason, I had my own phone in the beginning. One month I had it up to $200. I was terrified of what Jason would say, so I called dad nearly in tears. And he said, "I'm not bailing you out of this one!"
I think he was just relieved that he didn't have to pay for that bill.

No comments: